Thursday, June 5, 2014

What is a Pretty Girl?



How would I know what pretty is if I were blind?
There would be those unthinking,
And hoping to be helpfully kind
That would say , look, that girl, how pretty she be,
But that would mean nothing,
Be no description of worth to me.

And so, introduce us, let me talk to this maiden so fair,
Let me hear her heart, let me feel her spirit,
A comment, an opinion I will then dare,
To give on this girl that caught your breath and stole your heart,
That visually holds captive your eyes with her beauty,
And when I am done listening and feeling, then I’ll impart

The truth of whether she is pretty or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dowdy Woman

                                                CHAPTER ONE Harry Penvelly stood back, and with an admiring look flicked his poli...