Thursday, December 11, 2014

In Search of Courage






  I know of the blood, the rich life laden blood, that courses through my veins,
  But there is more, so much more that
  Courses through my blood
  That more-ness, that extra, that specialness is souly responsible for
  Igniting the fire
  Of the need to be more than I am, greater than I was, giving rise to the
  Power stroking
  My mind, my essence, my being, creating a
  Fire burning
  Deep within my heart , I can hear its thundering, it will be ceaselessly
  Pumping on till midnight
  The witching hour, on still till the Hour of the Wolf, when without warning it will be
  Lashing out without reason
  The pain it gives from its rebellion, sharp, stabbing without mercy, and now I am
  Forgetting why I started
  I pause between gasps to gather the memory of reason, and as my heart calms there is a
  Remembering why I started but forgetting where I am
  And there is the falling, the realisation that comes with the understanding that where I am is no place       for heroes, so starts    
 The real pain within
  by Ken Varey and Chrissy Varey-Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dowdy Woman

                                                CHAPTER ONE Harry Penvelly stood back, and with an admiring look flicked his poli...